NYC TO DC: Pilot Season Prep with 3 VIP's- CD Jen Rudin, CD Barry Shapiro & Agent Juliet Rac
Meet & learn from THREE pros actively working in the industry this Pilot Season at Moonlit Wings all-day acting event! Open to actors of all levels.
Two Casting Directors from NYC visit the DC area for masterclasses in acting and one VA Talent Agent provides quality feedback in a business seminar for actors on Saturday, March 17, 2018.
This event will be held in Falls Church, VA. Once you register, the location and address will be emailed to you with your confirmation.
SAVE $50 ON THE ALL-DAY PASS WHEN YOU REGISTER BY FEB. 19, 2018, WHILE SPACE LASTS!
ATTEND ALL 3 EVENTS WITH THE ALL-DAY PASS OR REGISTER FOR INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS.
To view the event page and register, click here.
TV MASTERCLASS with NY Casting Director Jen Rudin
12:30-2:30PM ADULTS 3:00-5:00PM KIDS
• Jen will select a scene for each participant to prepare in advance that will be emailed to actors 1-2 days before the event.
• Participants will perform their scene with a reader and receive adjustments from Jen.
• Q&A session plus special book signing of Jen's book, Confessions of a Casting Director. Please provide your own copy of Jen Rudin's book IF you want her to sign it during the meet & greet. Jen's book is available to order online from Amazon.com or HarperCollins.com.
COMMERCIAL MASTERCLASS with NY Casting Director Barry Shapiro
12:30-2:30PM KIDS 3:00-5:00PM ADULTS
• Learn and perform both scripted commercials and improvised commercials.
• Act solo, in partner scenes and also group sketches.
• Q&A session plus meet privately 1-on-1 with Barry for entertainment industry advice.
FYI: You do not need to participate in any masterclasses to attend the Agent Feedback Seminar, all are welcome to come and learn.
Those that do participate in both masterclasses will perform for Agent feedback, others will study and may ask questions.
AGENT FEEDBACK SEMINAR with Talent Agent Juliet Racoosin
5:15-7:30PM ADULTS & KIDS
• All three VIP's will introduce themselves. Jen Rudin will sign copies of her book Confessions of a Casting Director (for attendees that missed her masterclass).
• Agent Juliet Racoosin will explain how to prepare, find and work with a Talent Agent plus an inside look at Pilot Season, auditions and the DC v NY v LA markets.
• Perform your scene & commercial and receive on-the-spot feedback from Juliet (for actors that participated in both masterclasses).
• Q&A session for all to answer any industry topics not covered.
• Jen Rudin, NY Casting Director, Jen Rudin Casting
Jen Rudin, CSA, is an award-winning casting director and author of Confessions of a Casting Director: Help Actors Land Any Role with Secrets from Inside the Audition Room (HarperCollins) who began her thirty-year career in show business as a child actor at age eight. As a casting executive at the Walt Disney Company, Jen conducted extensive talent searches all over the United States, identifying and hiring actors who went on to star on Broadway in The Lion King, Mary Poppins and The Little Mermaid and in beloved Disney movies like The Incredibles, The Princess and the Frog, Chicken Little and Brother Bear. Recent projects include Peter Bogdanovich’s movie She’s Funny That Way starring Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston, Rock Dog starring Luke Wilson, Eddie Izzard, Kenan Thompson and Matt Dillon, and animated pilots for Amazon, Disney Jr. and Riot Games. Her company, Jen Rudin Casting, casts projects in New York and Los Angeles. For more info, visit www.jenrudin.com and @RudinJen.
• Barry Shapiro, NY Casting Director, Herman & Lipson Casting
Barry is a NY Commercial Casting Director with over 30 years of experience. He has cast over 8,000 commercials for top clients such as Google, Nintendo, Verizon, NFL, Toys R Us, Advil and more. He auditioned celebrities Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, Denzel Washington, Jennifer Lopez, Whitney Houston and more when they first started their careers. Barry is a two-time WINNER for Favorite Commercial Class as voted by Backstage Magazine Readers.
• Juliet Racoosin, Talent Agent, Harris Talent Agency
Juliet is a highly regarded agent based in Richmond, VA with entertainment industry experience in the US market and her native UK, spanning almost four decades. With Juliet’s strong guidance and encouragement, HARRIS actors can be regularly seen in TV pilots and shows including AMC’s TURN (Seasons 1-4), House of Cards and Homeland, to name a few. Her actors also appear in local and national commercials for Bojangles, Subway, Febreze, Mountain Dew, Geico and more. This spring, Juliet's clients can also be seen in several prominent feature films including Lizzie (Sundance 2018), Killerman (Cannes 2018) and Permanent (Cannes 2017). . From the very beginning, Juliet has had a truthful and straightforward style working with her family of actors. Sharp insight and belief and commitment to the HARRIS actors has formed her solid reputation.